AIP Fish Stew with Squash & Saffron
This stew is seriously delicious and just so happens to be really good for you too!
1 lb any fish- I used monkfish, but just about any type of fish could work.
2 cups cooked, mashed squash (or a 15 oz can of pumpkin)
2 c water plus extra for cooking onions. Clam Juice or seafood stock would be even better here if you have it !
1/2 onion, sliced
6-8 cloves garlic, minced
1 T high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 bay leaf
2 tsp dried cilantro
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp dried thyme
3/4 tsp salt
Juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
Minced parsley or arugula for garnish (opt.)
1) Saute garlic and onions in oil on medium heat until they start to brown.
2) Add 3/4 c water and bay leaf.
3) Cover and let cook until the onion is soft.
4) Add squash or pumpkin and 2 c water (or clam juice or seafood stock!)
5) Add cilantro, saffron, tarragon, thyme and salt.
6) Bring to a simmer, then add fish, lemon juice and balsamic.
7) Cook covered on medium heat until fish is cooked through.
8) Break the fish up into bite-sized pieces with spatula.
Check out the video tutorial!:
Want more AIP flavor & Inspiration?
Get exclusive Real World AIP recipes HERE!
As seen on Phoenix Helix's Recipe Roundtable #312
Subscribe to Real World AIP on YouTube for new AIP recipe & inspiration videos every Thursday!
Links I provide are affiliate links. That means if you purchase a product through the link I post I will receive a small referral commission at absolutely no cost to you. It's a helpful way to support the blog and my organic vegetable habit- and I promise- I ONLY link to products I truly believe in!