Fluffy Spreadable Coconut Butter!
Updated: Oct 6, 2019
YES, you can turn that hard, crumbly coconut butter into a fluffy and creamy spread that is even spreadable cold right out of the fridge!
Check out the tutorial on YouTube, I also give lots of ideas for how to use the fluffy whipped coconut butter as well as modification ideas for the recipe🙂
You will need:
1/2 cup filtered water
Pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 T honey
1/4 tsp wild vanilla powder (Baking GAME-CHANGER! How did I ever live without this?)
1) Melt the coconut butter. (I melt mine by placing the whole jar in a dish pan full of hot water for about an hour and then stirring well to combine solids and fats.)
2) Heat the filtered water until warm, but not boiling.
3) Add melted coconut butter, warm water and pinch of salt to blender.
(If using cinnamon, honey and/or vanilla add those at this time too- one, all, or any combination of the add-ins will work!)
I like to keep mine simple with just the sea salt so that I can use it in savory stir fries and for thickening salad dressings, but if you will be using it mostly to spread on a breakfast bar then go for the add-ins!!
4) Now that we have all the ingredients in the blender, blend away! High speed for 1-2 minutes.
5) Pour into glass storage containers, I use 8 oz mason jars.
6) Refrigerate until cooled and thickened, about 3-4 hours.
Now you have fluffy, spreadable coconut butter right out of the fridge!!
Subscribe to Real World AIP on YouTube for new AIP recipe & inspiration videos every Thursday!
(Links in this post may be affiliate links. That means if you purchase through the link it helps to support the blog without any cost to you🙂)
As seen on Phoenix Helix's Recipe Roundtable #258